18.4.08

Come D.I.G.

Excerpt taken from Lou Engle's Digging the Wells of Revival:
John Kilpatrick's father left his family when John was only 12 years old. At age 14, John received a powerful call to the ministry, at which time Pastor R.C. Wetzel approached John's mother about discipling her son. With his mother's permission, John became one of a group of teenage boys that Pastor Wetzel gathered together each week. These boys felt called to the ministry. Pastor Wetzel would teach them the Scriptures then have each one, in turn, teach the others what they had learned. For two years these kids joined Pastor Wetzel for daily midnight prayer meetings. Thus this pastor fathered the fatherless John Kilpatrick.

One night the Holy Spirit fell. Brother Wetzel later told the kids that the Lord had spoken to him that night, telling him to stay on in Pensacola and multiply himself in these teenage boys. "If you do that," God told him, "you will reach more people through these young preachers than you could ever reach on your own." For the next many years, Pastor Wetzel poured his life into John Kilpatrick and the others. The old man died never having seen the prophecy fulfilled.

...Pastor Wetzel was a real father...more concerned about the next generation than about his own ministry...We must understand with humility that we stand on the shoulders of many great men and women of God who have gone before us...God is establishing the work of today's intercessors on the foundation of those godly men and women who prayed down His glory in days gone by.


TERRITORIAL COMMITMENT + PROPHETIC INTERCESSION

Many faithful ones have sown into their beloved nations, Malaysia included. Countless tears shed for those who feel the burden of the millions of souls unsaved. Houses of prayers are being set up all over the globe, in many places the nameless-faceless young generation is heeding the Nazirite call to consecrate their lives to fulfill God's purpose for their generation - one by one.

That stirs me deep inside, I know that's what I live for, and what I wanna die living for. God! My heart has grown cold and distracted, my prayers in the midnight hours brief and unpiercing. Give me a constant diligence in solitude and intercession...Holy Spirit, fill and overpower me -my will, my dreams, my plans, my future, everything...be my fuel as a firebrand of Yours. I need that fire.

See the Malaysia section in: jaesonma.com/archives/2007_08_01_archive.html

Let's pray that this Wetzel spirit be the passionate desire of many more, to see the generations arise and inherit all that comes from rich spiritual heritage of godly men and women who lay down their lives for their spiritual children. God is a covenant-keeping God and we are seeing a restoration of His Kingdom presence and power in these days!

Reclaim the spiritual inheritance of your nation.
Dig the wells of revival.

No comments: