5.3.08

Now GO!

Typed mid-air in flight on Mar 3:

"Am sitting in the new AirAsia airbus. Nothing special, ‘cept that the interior is a lot whiter and has a very plastic-ky look to it. Oh, and there’s more legroom. The toilet’s a lot cleaner too. Not that I was expecting much.

It was a great 3 days in KL. TOEFL turned out tougher than I thought. Did prepare with some study notes, just to get familiar with the new internet-based 4-part format. This time I made sure I called to confirm that the centre would be open. Will have to wait abt 14 more days for scores to be processed and sent to my uni.

Spent a bit of time pondering about the condition of my heart. But I found myself distracted. Couldn’t hold my concentration for long on a specific thought, my mind would wander off. Struggled to keep it focused, or from falling asleep. It disturbs me when this happens. A sharp mind is so essential.

What do you do when you find that you know what you are moving away from, but without a clue where you’re headed? It occurs to me now that to put it simply, Abraham was called out by a God he barely knew (at that time of his call); he was told what he would be leaving behind, ironically he was not told what he was getting himself into. Like, “hey, you! Get away from this spot to where I’m showing you.”
Ok, ready to go, just tell me which way.
“No, just go.”
Uhmmm…right. Think I need more directions that that. Anytime now.
“No, just go. Move. I’ll tell you after you’ve left.”
What, no co-ordinates? Which way??
“I said, just go! What you waiting for?”
B-b-but… aww, come on, man.
“No, YOU’re the man. I’m GOD.”
Silence.
“Now go!”

It’s termed the ‘call of Abraham’. The I-don’t-know-where-the-heck-I’m-going-but-I’m-going-anyway call. The don’t-ask-questions-just-move-it call. I don’t know about where you’re at in your journey in life but I can’t stop thinking about this lately about my own life. Wanna know each step of the way (down to every turning and elevation), have a good supply of batteries for your torchlight so you’ll always see where you’re going so you’ll never fear or stumble, a compass that actually points to true north (unlike Jack Sparrow's) with an excellent roadmap all the way? Has God ever really worked that way with you? That don’t seem like the God I know.

Do something today or this week that challenges your box of how life or God should function. Don’t manage your life to the point where there is no room for spontaneity, the supernatural, the divine and the beyond-you dimension. God IS real. And He knows you. What scares you to death? What’s your security blanket? Don’t be satisfied with where you’re at, but be open and obedient when you sense a deep stirring that there’s more to life than this."

Met so many wonderful people in those short 3 days. Wini, Tim & Matt; Alvin, Raymond, Calvin & Vincent; Hoon; Ps Vic & Kelly. One thing's for sure, everybody's travelling in life. We all would love to say we know what's ahead, yet I can surmise from my conversations with even these dear friends, that the journey is not the destination. the journey is the gift.

Now GO!
Because you’ll only know how to get there when you MOVE.

1 comment:

MissBlueBlossoms said...

hey!! if you have read my blog about Moses..when Lai Wei was sharing from that passage...his topic was actuaylly 'Now go!' :) Go my dear go...