23.7.07

today.

sometimes the days feel hollow.
your thoughts wander and you push it to brighter thoughts, then an invisible magnet pulls your thoughts in towards the same pestering thoughts again. and you push, again.
and you think about what you would do the rest of the day...sleep in?
there are a million things you can line up in your schedule. get this done, get that fixed.
maybe then you could really take your mind off those troubling thoughts... yeah! tempting. cause you can't just mope around, that'd be hollow!
but no, that wouldn't do. you know that.
your day would be truly hollow if you spend the hours escaping your thoughts. deal with them, you repeat to your heart.
'deal with it!' almost with a harsh tone. as if to wake yourself up from bed. 'no sleeping in for today, my blood-pumped friend...'
or actually, really wake up to face the day.
a slap to sober up.
quit moping.
let that magnet pull, it's ok.
don't fight it.
it won't hurt. (or will it?)

tomorrow?
no, today.


note to self: meditate on Psalm 103 again.

The LORD is my Rock and my refuge,
He is my substance and my Sustainer;
He fills my mouth with praise,
from the light of day to the chill of night He is my song,
who knows me in my silence,
and sees my heart's contents;
His lovingkindness is my rampart,
my rearguard through the valley of pain,
my shield through the pit of doubt;
all my life will i praise Him alone,
for He anchors my soul and heals my spirit,
and makes me whole.
today.

No comments: