15.4.09

Here am I

This Is True Life
Justin Rizzo
Oh the peace of pure abandon
Oh the joy of sweet surrender

‘Cause if I try and save my life I will lose it (This is true life)
But if I lose my life for your sake I’ll find it in the end (Give it all the way)

I have to give you everything
And then the yoke is easy
I have to give you everything
And then the burden is so light

And oh the peace of pure abandon
And oh the joy of sweet surrender

Life (happy holiness) is found in the letting go (joyful righteousness)
Joy (happy holiness) is found in the tearing of the heart (as I give it all away)

Your joy, your peace is found

God, everything about you is good and true. Who you are, what you do, everything about you - it's all good, it's all true. I don't want to live for myself while I promise to die for you. To be willing to die for you and your Kingdom's cause means also to live for your namesake, to live for those who bear your image. I've given up a normal life a long time ago, you know that, Lord. Even in the dark recesses of my heart, Spirit, you remind me over and over again...I can't forget. The broken pieces of the jar I crushed in the days past now lie on the ground still, next to my crown; the light of your truth is letting me see them in the shadows. Darkness looms, God, do you see the pieces? Has the nard lost its fragrance on you, and the purity of my vow long gone? No, Lord, I seek true life. If I had another jar, I'd do the same with it! God, but would you require another jar? Joy for your beloved, Lord, was your promise - I refuse to settle. Anything but normal! Oh, that I could preserve the fragrance lavished on you with sweetness that comes from constant and faithful surrender, the tearing of my heart. You know I would. That my state of brokenness marries the bliss of knowing you know me and I know you.

Yes, Lord, and amen.

(Take My Life - Chris Tomlin)
Here am I, all of me
Take my life, it's all for Thee

('David', Beyond Words musical by IFGF)
Many people are willing to give up their lives for people they love, but how many are willing to live for them?

(For This Cause - Hillsong)
I'm living for this cause
I lay down my life into your hands
I'm living for the truth
The hope of the world, in you I'll stand
'Cause all I want is you

May this be the anthem of my heart, as I walk here into eternity for your Kingdom's cause that sets others free as I bind myself to our covenant.

"I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the soil makes the sprout come up
and a garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise
spring up before all nations."
~ Isaiah 61:10-11

No comments: