20.4.07

King of the Flood

I'm tired, Lord. At this moment, I honestly say...I'm tired.

I hear the howling winds and feel the skin-stinging stormy sea billowing onto my face...the sound of my own voice drowned out. still I strain in a cry..and sing.

What can I say
And what could I do
But offer this heart O God
Completely to You

So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One
who gave it all
I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am
is Yours

Like one of my fave songs, I weather this storm in my heart that tears me apart inside. And sing.

Because You give and take away
You give and take away
Yet my heart will
choose to say
Blessed be Your name

To the King of the storm and floods still, I sing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with you above the storm,
Father you are King over the flood,
I will be still and know you are GOD"